Thursday 28 January 2010

Coffee with Her

Was my birthday yesterday. Nothing much, it was a Wednesday. Got happy birthdays from family and friends, but it was just another day in the week.

Reading this you must think, "he wanted a party" or "he wanted many presents", actually I just wanted to have a happy birthday, do something I wanted, maybe something I don't usually do, but either didn't have the money, didn't have the time, or had to do other normal days things. Well all of them, if that's possible.

So after the family responsibilities I manage to have a day, and afternoon, a few hours, family in the morning, driver's license lessons at nightfall, so not that much of a day. Don't get me wrong I love my family and I do want my drivers license, but after exams I just wanted to relax and not worry about anything for a while.

Watched the film and went to get myself a cup of mochachino or tea at Starbucks. Saw a colleague of mine that is working in one of the stores at the mall.

She's about 1,60m, blond, very elegant and extremely beautiful. Basically the kind of girl who I can be friends with, but nothing beyond that. Maybe I'm being too negative...
Maybe the new sexy is geek, is only on TV.

Do I go so hi? Do I invite her to join me? What do I say? What do I talk about? Why do I complicate?

I start to walk over to the store where she works, I try to arrange my hair while pacing through some shop windows and see if my long black coat is presentable.

I only see reasons why I shouldn't go, but why? She's just a colleague, what's so wrong or so strange about that?
This doubts this lack of confidence that not only prevents me from this first steps, but also leads to not taking chances, at least some that might be rewarding...

I start to walk over...

To be continued?...

Written in 26 of January 2009

No comments: